Siva Edwardians?

Sources of parts, and other hints to get your restration projects on the road.
Glen

Siva Edwardians?

Post by Glen » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:57 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the world of vintage and classic cars generally but I was wondering whether anyone has ever seen something like the SIVA Edwardian in New Zealand. SIVA produced a number of fibreglass kit cars in the UK around 1970 which were to be fitted to the popular Ford chassis from 50's era cars. Records show nearly 100 being made/sold but I suspect few if any ever made it down under. I have an ambition to buy or build a replica of this car but thought that the collective wisdom here may know whether there is much point looking for original's in this country. A picture should appear below and there is an excellent website on the cars at this address: http://freespace.virgin.net/dr.dean/

Thanks, Glen

carmagreviews

Siva Edwardians

Post by carmagreviews » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Have not seen any here personally
But most people might mot be aware that such a vehicle was Dr Who's personal car where Dr was Land Locked on Earth - During actor Jon Petwee's run as the Dr in 1970s

Cheers Julian

Glen

Post by Glen » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks for that, good point to make since it was the reason for my interest to begin with! I guess after three years, it is safe to say that no-one else has any comments? :)

carmagreviews

Silva Edwardians

Post by carmagreviews » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 pm

I doubt If any are here - You could try Australia - A lot of Kit companies from the UK set up operation over there.' But I do not think the Edwardian would be strong seller I am aware of other Neville Tricklett designs that have ended up as Kit cars and operations set up in Australia based on futuristic coupe the S530 COUPE PROTO

Looking on my Car magazine index database - Following info of Interest

Alternative is look for a company called CONDESA (ESP) in Spain
In 1983 a company in Bristol tried to import the car ,but supply problems killed it off

Siva mounds re-released as in 1985 called CORNISH CLASSIC CARS (GB) so I guess the moulds are still doing the rounds... Is Mr Filby still around in the UK who started up Alternative Cars (GB) ; Componet Car and Kit International? He would know -I Believe he has written a few books on the kit car scene

Cheers Julian

Taniwha

Re: Siva Edwardians?

Post by Taniwha » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Have a look at www.fsoc.co.uk Ford Sidevalve Owners Club. The Siva as you know is powered by a 10hp Sidevalve engine on a 10hp chassis. A good friend of mine has one in the UK and I'm quite familiar with them.